- Even if you don’t care a lick about golf, you should watch the Honorary Starter part of that tournament here. Watch the replay from this year. Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus honor their friend, the legendary Arnold Palmer, and it’ll make a grown man cry.
- Why do so many of you dislike the tournament so much? Is it because you’ve never been? I don’t ask that in an ugly way. I’m curious. Yes, it’s a bit of a hassle for one week, but our city is better because of the improvements, landscape-wise. The hospitality industry does pretty well during that week, and it’s actually easy to avoid traffic.
- Why does Wal-Mart only ever have one check-out open? No really. There are 37 some odd check-out lanes, and one has a cashier.
- Okay, fine. They have self checkout now. When we were there the other day, only two of the 10 checkout lanes were open. What gives? They don’t even need employees for that.
- I let the lady behind me go ahead and check out first. I didn’t have but 20 items or so, but she had two Honey Buns and some pink carnations and I wasn’t in a hurry.
- To the lady who came behind us next, yes I AM nice enough to let people with only a few items skip ahead of me. I did notice you only had a box of Tampax, but I’d already let Honey Bun lady go, and I couldn’t keep that up all day.
- Assume positive intentions, people. You never know what happened right before you walked up to aisle 17 at Wal-Mart.
- Happy Easter and Pesach Sameach to all you fine folks who celebrate and observe.
- The Easter Bunny doesn’t come to our house. Never has, even when The Kids were tiny. It’s always been Easter Mama, because that makes more sense than a bunny.
- Easter Mama quit buying candy for the baskets because she found herself throwing it all away to make room for Halloween candy later in the year.
- Speaking of Easter candy, do y’all like Peeps? I’ve found that Peeps make some people really angry. I like them. Sue me.
- Speaking of making people angry, I’m up to 86,529 emails. I lost several thousand when I got a new phone. The folks at the Apple store were baffled by my disappointment.
- Gmail started alerting me about a lack of storage space. Don’t they realize I have a goal here? I’m happy to relinquish the storage space as soon as the 100k mark is achieved.
- People care about this more than you’d expect. I like it. Sue me.
- Even if you don’t care a lick about golf, you should watch Sergio win that tournament here. He is a true hero, and a fine example of class and sportsmanship. He’s been playing for that green jacket since 1999, when he was an amateur. Work hard. Don’t give up. It’ll pay off. Sergio Garcia’s payoff was $1.98 million.
15 in 5
Because I love a list. Especially a random list.