- I had the flu last week. The flu is no joke.
- I was in so much pain from the achiness, I thought I might die. For real. The last time I felt pain like that, I got an epidural and a baby. Well, it wasn’t that bad, but it was terrible.
- If you think you have the flu, you don’t need to go to the doctor. You don’t need to go to the grocery store. You don’t need to go to the mall. You don’t need to go to the bank. You don’t need to go to the liquor store. Besides, a lot of liquor stores have drive-thrus these days. (Obviously I am not a medial professional, and I cannot be help responsible for issues caused by the above suggestions. But actual medical professionals are asking you to please not come to their offices unless you are in a high-risk category.)
- I know it’s not always easy to miss work, but when you go to work sick, you’re potentially putting people’s lives on the line. Seriously, people. People are dying from the flu and its complications.
- Wash your hands. Don’t lick people. Don’t cough in people’s faces. If you follow the suggestion above, you shouldn’t even be around people. If you are, don’t cough on or lick them.
- I took my kids to the Augusta Symphony’s dress rehearsal at The Miller a couple of weekends ago. It was $10 for me, and my kids got in free. What a lovely way to spend a Saturday. The Miller was about 2/3 full. For a rehearsal, I’d say that’s pretty wonderful.
- The Miller is one of the most beautifully renovated spaces I’ve ever seen.
- The owners of Fat Man’s, father-son team Brad and Havird Usry, are opening a new restaurant downtown. The owners of Metro A Coffeehouse and Whiskey Bar (Kitchen), brother-brother team Kenny and Bobby Morrison are opening a new restaurant downtown as well. And people still say they don’t see progress. Those same people probably can’t find anything to do around here, either.
- I just saw a thing that said “It feels like January 74th.” By the time y’all read this, it’ll be February, but why is January so long? It’s always filled with high expectations, like new beginnings and successful diets.
- How are your diets? Are you still going to the gym?
- I bought an Instant Pot. More on that later, but I can have hard-boiled eggs in five minutes, and frozen chicken is cooked and shredded in 25 minutes. I’m not sure about “baking” in it, but I’m getting more and more gutsy by the day.
- The Augusta Players’ production of “Sister Act” the musical is coming up at the end of this month. If you liked the movie, you’ll love seeing it live! Feb. 23-25 at the Imperial Theater. augustaplayers.org for tickets.
- While you’re there, check out the improvements in progress at The Imperial. We’re so lucky to have two historical theaters in Augusta.
- If you have the flu, please stay home. If you think you have the flu, please stay home.
- Wash your hands, y’all.
15 in 5
Because I love a list. Especially a random list.