1. This weather is awesome.
2. Georgia football is mostly awesome. Still feels a little shaky, but I think any sports fan in the state of Georgia feels a little on edge at all times.
3. Pumpkin spice used to be awesome. It’s as pervasive as those cinnamon brooms these days. We need to go back to simpler times, when pumpkin spice meant pumpkin pie spice and it was used for pies.
4. I used to complain about the Chick-fil-A drive thru. Going through the line meant long waits and talking to numerous employees, when all I wanted was an Arnold palmer and some waffle fries and a quick conversation with a speaker. I’ve come around, though. It’s difficult to hate the process, when employees seem so genuinely happy to serve us. You win, Chick-fil-A. I never should’ve doubted you.
5. Speaking of Chick-fil-A, I’m so sorry I didn’t stand up for the employee who was berated by the lady who placed a huge to-go order during the busiest lunch rush. Listen, I know we all have our bad days, but this was humiliating for the employee and observers. If the customer had said one more word, I was getting involved. She was yelling at the employee, who, in true Chick-fil-A fashion, was going out of her way to be kind. Upon examination of her order, she realized she was missing a drink, and shouted, across the restaurant, ARE YOU KIDDING ME while sighing and snorting with disgust. Unnecessary.
6. Humans shouldn’t treat humans like that, ever. Never.
7. We all make choices, I suppose. As Sartre said, “we are our choices.”
8. The McDonald’s on Walton Way, down by the hospitals, is notoriously slow. It’s common knowledge. The ice cream machine never works. Apparently, that’s a McDonald’s-wide problem, but it’s often the case at this location. I’ve never been able to figure out what is taking them so very long, and every time, I swear I’ll never go back. I went back the other day, against my better judgment, and its reputation remained intact. I pulled up the customer service department online and filled in the form. I didn’t expect to get more than a coupon for a free McMuffin. That store has been terrible for so long. Surely I’m not the only one complaining about it.
9. I heard from the owner within a day. He sincerely apologized for my inconvenience. I happen to know his family and the other stores they own, and I’m optimistic about the improvements. If you had written it off, too, think about giving it another try soon. I don’t go often, but I’m looking forward to checking in.
10. When I was pregnant, I’d eat two $1 cheeseburgers at McDonald’s. I loved them so much, I’d often go back for dinner. Same meal.
11. I’ve only ever had one Filet-O-Fish. I was pregnant.
12. What’s the deal with the McRib? Having never tried one, I feel like I’m missing out. I also feel like that sandwich started as a meat batter. I’m open to other opinions.
13. We got all good candy for the trick-or-treaters this year. We don’t really get many trick-or-treaters, so I guess I got the good candy for me.
14. The Girl chose this year’s kitty. She’s going as Friends of Frances Kitty, honoring everyone’s favorite little girl Frances Brown, who passed away in March from complications of a rare disease. She loved Halloween.
15. This weather is awesome. Find a porch. Stop whatever it is that makes you so very busy, and love your people. It’s fall, y’all!