Metro Spirit



Priceline Projects 2015 Masters’ Ticket Prices

Priceline Projects 2015 Masters’ Ticket Prices

Priceline.com and TiqIQ break down all the travel and ticket costs After a long, hard winter, who wouldn’t want to smell the Azaleas and freshly-mown grass as they stroll the fairways and watch – in person – the world’s best golfers vie for the coveted green jacket in Augusta. Priceline.com and online ticket marketplace TiqIQ.com […]

Fellas, Stop F—ing!

Men enjoy sex. I imagine that few people would disagree with that statement. There is nothing wrong with men enjoying sex. It is fun. Nevertheless, an unexpected pregnancy that occurs as a result of a casual sexual encounter can have very severe consequences. Namely, a child growing up in a fatherless home. There is a […]

Bigotry, Cancer and Sigma Alpha Epsilon

A video surfaced this week that showed members of the University of Oklahoma’s chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon (also known as SAE) engaging in a chant that contained racially offensive lyrics. The lyrics are as follows: “There will never be a nigger SAE, you can hang them from a tree but they will never sign […]

To the Editor:

To the Editor:

Political scientists and commentators, pollsters and candidates all seem to have something to say about young people. Young people oddly and apparently are absent from the round tables and airwaves occupied by those who would call us “the future.” Well “the future” has become aware of the present void, and new leadership in the Young […]

Dear Metro Spirit Editor:

Dear Metro Spirit Editor:

Thank you, Mayor Hardie Davis, for vindicating my endorsement of Helen Blocker-Adams. I was right to endorse Helen and thus far it appears the voters were wrong to elect you. My February 19, 2014, Metro Spirit letter titled, “Blocker-Adams Clear Choice for Mayor,” was prophetic. In the letter, I wrote, “Neither is State Senator Hardie […]

Why Race-Based Crime Statistics are Useless

Imagine if a study was conducted to determine the kinds of people that commit violent crimes in a given area. Like many statistics, the results were separated by race. The study found that 80 percent of the violent crimes were committed by race “X” while race “Y” perpetrated the remaining 20 percent. Naturally, one might […]

Theft of guns from Cabela’s

Theft of guns from Cabela’s

The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is searching for unknown suspects who broke out the front glass window of Cabela’s and stole some firearms from the store just before 3 a.m. this morning. Deputies are asking for help from anyone who might have observed a vehicle parked along Interstate 20 early this morning before 3 a.m. […]

Meth Lab Discovered in Augusta

Meth Lab Discovered in Augusta

Lt. Allan Rollins of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is reporting that deputies discovered a meth lab at 2408 Patrick Ave. in Augusta. Three individuals — Robert Winford Dukes, Scott Lee Weirich and Brian Shane Cherry — are facing charges in the incident. The following is the Rollins’ press release regarding this morning’s discovery: At approximately 1:44 am […]

Augusta’s Pregnant and Drowning Teenage Girls

According to Teen Life Clinic, a provider of confidential health services for teenage girls, 624 teenage girls will become pregnant this year in Augusta, Georgia. That is nearly two pregnancies per day. Many would agree that lack of education and parental guidance are among the strongest drivers of teenage pregnancy. Some insist that teenage pregnancy […]

Spring Festival Guide

Spring Festival Guide

At the first signs of spring, everyone’s instinct is to head outdoors, relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. Add live music, tasty food, a cold beer and several thousand friends to the mix and you have a festival that can’t be missed. Welcome to the Metro Spirit’s Spring Festival Guide that will definitely jump-start your […]