Microsoft’s latest desktop operating system was released this past summer. While the operating system has received good reviews, most folks seem content to continue to use their Windows 7 or even their (aghast!) Windows XP operating systems. That’s completely understandable. The tech world has long since evolved past the point where an O/S change is […]
2015 has been a wonderful year… and it has been a miserable year. This year has seen me reintroduced into the career that I love, my face on the cover of this paper with an amazing article written by a good friend. I even was lucky enough to be voted Metro’s Best Local DJ. All […]
Academic and discipline problems plague America’s public schools, and it is a problem that has become so routine that rarely do the debates dedicated to solving the problem get much of our attention. In an effort to find solutions, local school board trustees in Aiken, Columbia and Richmond counties have invited the parents of many […]
It’s no secret that I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to any sport that doesn’t involve two people trying to beat, squeeze or crank one another into submission; my latent obsession with fight sports accounts for roughly 65 percent of my internet activity — the other 35 percent being a combination of Wikipedia […]
Talking to a new friend today, I was telling her how busy this particular day was. We had to be at this place and that, I needed to be somewhere else, and although I was sure we’d get it all together, it was going to be a little nuts. She agreed and understood, recalling the […]
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We see reminders of it everywhere. It’s all over Facebook; many corporations, radio stations, TV stations, etc., either turn their logo pink or attach a pink ribbon to it for the month. Players for your favorite NFL team can be seen wearing pink gear — shoes, towels, socks, etc. […]
Crowdsourcing is a very rapidly growing offshoot of social media. Most people think of crowdsourcing in terms of raising money for projects and such. In reality, crowdsourcing expands far beyond the realm of start-up funding. Now that everyone is connected using mobile devices and social media, the question becomes, “What can we do with those […]
Click here to view the Metro’s Best winners for Health & Fitness!