Last Friday night, Craft & Vine incurred some smoke and water damage. The pizza oven flue began smoldering near the roofline, and fortunately owner Sean Wight was in the kitchen. Knowing the layout of the building, he hopped up on the roof and fortunately caught it before too much damage could be done. The Augusta Fire Department responded and did a terrific job getting it under control.
There was some damage to the apartments above the restaurant, yet none whatsoever to Farmhaus next door. Craft & Vine is repairing some minor cosmetic damage and will be back open hopefully by the first of next week.