- As I’m writing this, the “Roseanne” reboot has been canceled by ABC. People seem to be quite upset that her First Amendment rights were violated. Folks, it’s time for a lesson in the basics of your government.
- Here’s what it says: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” Do you see that? It protects you from the government. Your employer can fire you if you don’t act in a manner that is reflective of their values and beliefs.
- It’s a shame, because, like it or not, her show was doing pretty well, ratings-wise. I wonder how her costars are enjoying the news?
- I’m also hearing “but she apologized!” Sure, that matters, but if criminals just said “sorry,” would we be able to get rid of jails? My kids say “sorry” just about every time they get in trouble. Sometimes they’re sorry they did it; sometimes they’re sorry they got caught. Rarely does the apology eliminate the consequence.
- Props to the person who put the “No to Regency! Yes to Downtown!” sign in our yard last week. Even bigger props to whoever came and picked it up the next day.
- Speaking of the arena, thank God that wasn’t an actual vote on the ballot, because if it had been, we might have an arena that was both downtown and at Regency Mall. Let that sit for a minute.
- People, please read the ballot when you vote. Hey, how about we read a little before we get to the polling place? Becoming an informed voter isn’t that difficult. It’s a good idea to do a little more than dinner table research, too. If you don’t vote, you don’t get to complain.
- I finally got to go to SRP Park. If you don’t know what that is, you’ve been living under a rock, but I’ll tell you anyway. It’s the new GreenJackets stadium, and it’s a stunner.
- It wasn’t very crowded, but the forecast was for rain (again), which likely scared people away.
- Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and helpful. We will be back!
- It has been raining for days. Don’t complain about it. In a month, we will be on a water restriction due to lack of rain.
- If you have a basement that floods, you’re allowed to complain about the rain. I learned the value of a shop vac and dehumidifier while cleaning my mom’s house.
- The passage of time isn’t kind to mamas. The days seem never-ending, but the years are gone in a blink. I can’t believe my first born will be in high school in August. We are months away from teaching him to drive.
- I can’t decide if I’m relieved or terrified.
- School’s out for summer, y’all! Cheers!
15 in 5
Because I love a list. Especially a random list.