From the hand written historical marker:
“The artesian (sic) well Flowing Wells Spring
was built to provide drinking water to the original
Sue Reynold’s School on Wrightsboro Road.
In the 1930’s and 1940’s the Murray family
Illinois distributed the spring water through the
company Flowing Wells Water Company they also built
a wood lined swimming pool which was fed by the spring.
President William H Taft took Richmond County spring
water along on his trips abroad to help prevent illness
Flowing Wells Spring has provided pure natural spring
water to the citizens of the CSRA for eighty years. The
well and adjacent land is currently owned by the
Hawkins family of Augusta and has been entrusted
to the city to provide a daily spring water to its citizens
free of charge.
the stream flowing beside Flowing Wells Spring
is inhabited bu small fish, crawfish, and many other
The Flowing Wells Spring is located on Wrightsboro Road across from Wedges and Woods
3731 Wrightsboro Road